Below is a brief statement of belief. It is not the fullest expression, but will give you the general idea.
- We believe that all 66 books of the Bible are inerrant in the original manuscripts, and they have been faithfully maintained for us today. (2 Timothy 3:16)
- We believe that through the Bible God gives us everything we need for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3)
- The Word is profitable for teaching, rebuking correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good deed. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit)
- We believe that God is one uncreated God with Three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Each is fully God, but they are distinct in role and function. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Genesis 1:26; Matthew 28:19)
- We believe the Father has been moving all things according to His providence, and has sent His Son to save us. (Ephesians 1:4-5)
- We believe that Jesus Christ was born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified, buried, and rose again on the third day. We believe Jesus pre-existed as God, is still God, and will always be God. (1 Corinthians 15:3-4; John 1:1)
- We believe the Holy Spirit was sent to the world by the Father and the Son to fill the believer so that we might not live to ourselves but unto God. We believe the Holy Spirit takes the things of Christ and gives them to us. We believe that the Holy Spirit regenerates lost people so that they might respond in faith to the saving work of Christ. (John 14:12; 15:26; Ephesians 5:18; John 16:14; John 3:5-8)
- We believe that man is “dead in trespasses and sins” and is “by nature children of wrath.” (Ephesians 2:1,3) “Those who are in the flesh [not Christians] cannot please God.” (Romans 8:8)
- We believe that God, the initiator of salvation (John 6:44), “chose us in Him before the foundation of the world…In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will.”(Ephesians 1:4,11)
- We believe the death of Christ was substitutionary in nature, and it completely satisfied the wrath of God on behalf of sinners. (2 Corinthians 5:21) We believe that “Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her.” (Ephesians 5:25) So that His death truly saves and not potentially saves.
- We believe a faith response is necessary to apply salvation to a person. (John 3:16) But it is the Holy Spirit who gives the gift of faith to the elect so that they might turn to Him. (Ephesians 2:8)
- We believe God will preserve true saints until the end of time. They will never be separated from the love of God. (Romans 8:31-39)
- The church is the body of Christ, and it is made up of all the elect. It is both universal and local. The church’s main mission is to “Proclaim the excellencies of Him, who called us out of darkness into His marvelous light.” (1 Peter 2:9)
- The church is to be united, because there is one Lord, one faith, and one baptism. (Ephesians 4:3-6) The church is to reach out and help one another as we share the message of the cross with a dying world (2 Corinthians 5:20) the church is God’s only plan for reaching lost humanity. (Matthew 16:17-18)